It is amazing how many people I know, switch from Internet Explorer to Firefox, and never go back. Firefox is the choice of many Webmasters, because it is so flexible and adaptable to everyones needs.
Top 10 Reasons why I love Firefox
- It is totally free! Firefox is an open source project. It is free of charge. Thousands of people are developing the browser, as well as many skins and extensions.
- It is extremely fast compared to Internet Explorer. I can really do things faster. Firefox had tabbed browsing long before IE7 came out. And tabbed browsing is extremely useful when i compare several websites and need to shift fast between them.
- Bookmarking system in Firefox is the best in the world. You can easily edit folders, sub folders and search within bookmarks.
- Safety – Firefox is updated very often! That makes me feel sure I wont get any viruses or spyware on my computer. Integrated pop up blocker saves me lots of time, because I can stay focused on work instead of on intrusive ads.
- Spell Checker – I am constantly writing something on the web. On EasySiteGuide I write posts in Joomla and Firefox checks spelling on the fly. It works with Gmail or any other text field on Internet – this is just awesome. I don t know how could I live without Firefox spell check.:)
- Easy Downloading – Firefox has a tiny, but so cool download manager. I was very frustrated with Windows default download manager that Internet Explorer uses. Wasted lots of time with that.
- History – you know when you find a great site, but you cant remember the name next day. Firefox makes it so easy. You can configure your history and search it. Another candy that saved my life several times is recently closed tabs! I was buying something with my credit card and at checkout I accidentally closed the tab. I was so upset because I had to do it all over again. Than I remembered this nifty little feature that opens a recently closed tab. It worked! All of my data was there and I could continue exactly where I stopped! I was so happy!:)
- Extensions – this could easily be number one on the list. Firefox extensions are free little add-ons that enhance default Firefox installation. Currently I use:
AI RoboForm – a password manager that remembers all of my passwords, logins and other stuff. I could not live without it.
Search Status – this is the tool every webmaster urgently needs. It stacks in the right bottom cornet and shows Page Rank, Alexa Ran rank, Whois Information, Keyword density and lots of more extremely useful stuff for webmasters.
DownThemAll! – this is an advanced download manager that super charges download speed. I just love it!
- Integrated Search Engine – i save lots of time by directly writing keywords i want to search in address bar. Firefox is extremely smart and can handle searching in several search engines directly from the browser window. So cool!
- Pimp your Firefox: With themes and numerous add-ons you can configure your Firefox to become one of a kind. Btw: Firefox comes in lots of Languages so your experience will be even better.
I could list even more reasons why I use Firefox. To put it short:"Firefox is giving me the freedom to surf, work, and interact on Internet the way I want. And it doesn’t cost me a cent!"
Switch2Firefox – A great site that tells you all about switching to Firefox from other Browsers.
Official Firefox Extensions Page – Place where you can read more about extensions and download them.
Duncan Riley – 10 must have extensions for Firefox. I like this list – thats where I found Search Status.
Quick Online Tips – 50 best Firefox extensions for power surfing. An extensive list of extensions for those who need more specific add-ons, sorted in categories.
Scots Newsletter – Best Firefox extensions and customizing Tips. More information on customizing your Firefox.
Smashing Magazine – Firefox Themes in an Overview. Amazing collection of most beautiful Firefox Themes.
Customize.org – Popular Firefox Themes for immediate download
Official Firefox Themes Download – Cool Firefox Themes sorted in Categories
Download Firefox and give it a try! I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised.