So many ideas but so little time…
There is lots of websites on the Internet, good ones and bad ones. So make me happy and create a good one:)
But first, lets see what options do you have when it comes to website types.
Two Website Types
Basically there are two website types. Ones that are created to make money, and others that do not have a goal to make money. These two types can be built with same software, run on same servers, but they are inevitably different. As they would have different type of chromosomes.
Business and Money Making Websites: Main goal is to create profit
Even websites that are created to make money are not the same.
- One type of Business Website is a presentation of a real world company. Such Website usually consists of company info, contact information and product portfolio.
Benefits of such presentation is to make information about your products accessible 24/7. Such companies usually still operate in real world to deliver their goods and services. Example: JSroofing.co.uk.
Additionally, websites can be e-commerce enabled to sell goods and services electronically.
- This Brings us to Second type of business websites. They do not necessarily have real world stores, because they sell products and services online. They are fully e-commerce enabled, accept credit cards and other electronic currencies, and ship their products via delivery services like UPS or Fedex.
Benefits of such companies is low costs and almost turn-key business operation. Example: Amazon.com
- Another business type is a website which does not sell its own products, but rather provides valuable information, which attracts visitors. Such Websites monetize content with advertisement or affiliate commissions. This kind of websites have become extremely popular, because everyone is good at something and can help others achieve what they want.
Benefits of such website is making money while working exactly what you want, independent from regular 9-5 job. There are lots of webmasters that do it for living. Example: problogger.net
Personal, Family and Community Websites
There are lots of non-profit website types.
- Most popular are personal websites that enable you to express yourself, post your photos from holidays, present your CV for job application or post your thoughts in Blog-like websites which are a revolution in creating websites.
There are special website types connected with all kind of events. Family Websites, Baby Websites, Wedding Websites, Reunion Websites and others. Example: myevent.com
- Than there are websites that present non-profit organizations like associations, communities, charity, church or any other.
What do all these have in common?
They serve a specific target audience.
For business websites it is essential to receive highly targeted visitors that are interested in products or information websites provide. To achieve that, business website has to be differently structured and planned than a personal website that is intended for sharing photos with your friends.
Personal websites on the other hand are not built for the masses, but rather for a smaller audience of friends, family members or relatives. Their goal is not ranking high in search engines, so they can have a more relaxed structure and style of writing. Learn how to create a personal website the easy way.