Building your web site with an Online Builder
Online builders are very easy to use. If you know how to use a text editor than you can use any online builder.
Here are instructions how to use an online builder to build a simple website.
- Login to your Online Builder with the user name and password provided from your Host (Some Builders are integrated in Hosting Control Panel).
- Select the look of your Website. First thing you need to do is select a Template. In some builders you can also select a colors scheme or a header image. This is all customizable and you can always change it later if you wish.
- Insert some text. After you selected Template you can add some content into your website. Be sure to prepare your text in a Text Editor on your computer and than just copy/paste it into your new page. In some Online Builders you have to click Edit page or sth. similar to be able to insert text.
- Insert images. In the same window you just added some text you can also insert images into your web page. Make sure you have your pictures ready on your computer and then upload it when Online Builder asks you.
- Add more pages. Adding pages with Online Builder is easy, since the pages are made from the same template. Just click on create a new page or sth. similar and name it. Than you can edit it, add images, text, etc.
- Add-ons. Some online builders allow you to add some advanced elements like forms, photo galleries and more with just a few simple clicks.
- See results and Publish. When you are done, click on the Button Preview or sth. similar. You can see what you have made so far. When you are satisfied just click Publish and your website will be online.
Note: Online Builders differ from Host to Host so this instructions are informational nature, not an exact tutorial. If you need instructions how to use popular online builders and test demo accounts read this article.
Website Building with a stand alone HTML Editor
Building a Web Site in Html editor requires HTML knowledge.
- First you should create a Template you will use across your site. You can also get some for free in our Webmaster Center .
- Now duplicate your main page and add as many pages as you need for your website. Make them organized in folders if there is a lot of pages.
- Create links to your new pages from the main page and vice-versa.
- Add text and images. (Store all images in images folder )
- Upload your website to Web Server. You will need a FTP software to do that. You can download it for Free in our Webmaster Center . You will also need login data provided by your Host to access Web Server.
Need instructions how to configure most popular FTP Clients?
Setting DNS Servers
If you registered your Domain Name Separate from Web Hosting you have to set your domain name to point to your files which are saved at your web host. How do I do this?
Here are step by step instructions to configure DNS servers for all popular Registrars.
Note: It takes 24 to 48 until DNS changes will apply, because your domain registrar has to let servers all over the world know where your new web site is located.
Use Hosting Wizard to find the best Hosting for you.